In today’s mobile recharge market, there are too many tempting offers that are hard to pass. And if you are currently in the market looking for a mobile plan that is both affordable and reliable, this article might give you some positive insights. Today, we will talk about which telecom service is the right one for you. Here is Jio vs. Airtel vs. Vodafone comparison for this year.
Jio vs Airtel vs Vodafone: The Definitive Guide
We don’t want to make this comparison too nitty and gritty for everyone. What we are going to do is highlight each mobile telecom’s positives and what they currently offer overall. But still, what you will see is more of a Jio vs Airtel vs Vodafone head to head comparison.
Also, we might be discussing some of the histories of these telecom companies have. Along with how they deliver on their promises. We will also tackle on some of the most significant headlines each service has been involved with. This way, you will be able to figure out for yourself whether you will go for a marketing strategy or go for reliability and reputation.
The Data War Between Telecoms
In the recent years, smartphones are made to function not only as devices for communication. It has become, despite its size, an alternative for PC and laptops. And this is due to the fact that smartphones can access the internet just as good as laptops.
As a matter of fact, they are better in some ways because mobile phones can connect to the internet using SIM cards only. And this is where these telecom companies are vying for. To gain the dominant status of providing great data packages with SMS, STD calls to other SIM numbers and roaming calls.
And this is where we will focus. Since with data plans alone, consumers get to enjoy SMS and call already. Here are the offers that these three giant telecoms can provide us.
The Jio services are actually great. And with their data packages, it gets even more impressive. Currently, Reliance Jio offers three impressive data plans.
- Jio Rs 98 Data Plan – This data plan includes 2GB of data for 28 days. You also get true unlimited calls for the whole 28 days and 300 SMS to enjoy for emergency chats. This plan is best for those whose activities involve voice calls and some minor online presence. If you are not a social media buff or YouTube addict, this should work and fits you great.
- Jio Rs 149 1.5 GB/DAY PACKS – This data plan is best for average internet users. You get to consume up to 1.5 GB of internet data every single day for 28 days. That’s 42 GB of data that you can use for the whole month. Sounds good now? Of course, it is. You also get true unlimited calls and 100 SMS per day. That should cover your moderate digital life on your smartphone.
- Jio Rs 198 2 GB/DAY PACKS – Now this offer is a tempting one. As you can see, you get to consume as much as 2 GB of data every day for 28 days. That’s 56 GB of data. If you are a heavy social media user, this should be well enough. And yes, the true unlimited calls and the 100 SMS per day still comes with it.
Take note that these are just three of what Reliance Jio offers. If you are interested to see more options, visit Reliance Jio official page. Apparently, there are more data offerings for you if you think 2 GB is just not enough for your sophisticated social and digital life.
While these data plans are affordable, Jio has a reputation of having slow and intermittent internet signal, especially with 4G connection. We are not saying that Jio is not reliable. We are just saying that it is hard to expect too much from their network all the time. But overall, their services are affordable and provide average satisfaction.
On Airtel, there is not much about affordability. Their data plan that’s below the Rs 200 pricing mark is only the Rs 199 Data Package. It offers unlimited STD and roaming calls, 100 SMS per day and with 1.4 GB of data to consume for 28 days.
As you may have noticed, this is the only offer that we can show you. Actually, there are a couple of offers more, but they are just accumulation of the Rs 199 Data Package. So if you want a more extended period of data subscription, you may check their current data packages at Airtel’s official site.
As to the verdict, the Airtel data plans are expensive but compared to the other competition especially the ones on this list; theirs is much better. They provide and deliver nationwide internet connectivity or a much reliable call and text connectivity.
Airtel’s services are not perfect, but they are more reliable. We can safely say that Airtel data plan can deliver above-average reliability.
Vodafone has great offers and some really affordable data plans. Unlike Airtel and Jio, Vodafone has really cheap data packs that can keep you connected in low price. Here are some choices that you can get.
- Vodafone Rs 96 3G/4G PACK – This plan gives you 3 GB of data consumable up to 28 days. The data allowance is bigger than what Jio offers, but it lacks call and SMS feature. That means you are stuck with internet data only.
- Vodafone Rs 199 DATA + FREE CALLS – This plan gives you Unlimited STD calls and roaming plus 1.4 GB of daily data for 28 days. This also includes 100 SMS per day and Free Live TV, Movies and more on the Vodafone Play App. Yes, you can take advantage of the free video streaming if you have the Vodafone Play app.
The Vodafone data plans are worth noting and are really affordable. They are obviously competing directly to Reliance Jio in terms of offers. But as much as much as we want to recommend Vodafone offerings, the connectivity with Vodafone is not as wide as it should. Reports indicated that Vodafone is only good in urban areas and weak in rural places.
But we should still consider that Vodafone has great other voice call package. They offer group or conference call without extra charge on top of your current voice call subscription.
So if you are residing in the city, this should be a great option for you. But for rural areas, might as well choose the first two offerings. But then again, it’s all up to you.
This Jio vs Airtel vs Vodafone head to head comparison should now give you a clearer insight into which one to choose for your needs. Just make sure to provide it with some good thinking and enough research to find out which telecom service will give you the best mobile experience.
For those of you that have experienced one or two of these telecom services, can you tell us which would you recommend? Also, tell us why.
Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions down below if you have something itching to tell us. We will try to respond and answer all your queries as soon as we can.